Here is a summary of standard functions available when using the New Relic user interface, using New Relic APM as an example. For more information about using New Relic APM's Applications index, see Viewing your applications list.
View drill-down details
After you select a specific app from the Applications list, your APM Overview page shows overview information. From here, you can drill down to detailed information.
Here is a summary of standard functions to drill down into detailed information on New Relic pages:
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|View details on a chart||
Mouse over the chart to see a pop-up box with more detail. On some charts, selecting a point on the chart will take you to a page with more information on that metric.
|Hide/unhide chart elements||
To hide or unhide a displayed chart element, select that element's name below the chart. The chart display will adjust to reflect the absence or presence of that element.
|See more detail about a time range on a chart||
Drag right or left on any area of the chart to zoom in on the selected range.
|View page data for a specific time period||
From the New Relic menu bar, select an available option from the time picker. (Default is the last 30 minutes, ending now.)
|Select a specific server running an app (if available)||
Below the New Relic menu bar, select a server by name from the Servers dropdown.
|Switch between the APM Overview and Browser Overview||
To switch, select App Server or Browser in the upper-right corner of the main response time chart.
|Change your account settings, notifications, or user preferences||To change settings or preferences related to your account, select the accounts dropdown.|
Share charts and data
There are additional standard features designed to share chart information:
- Create a permalink to share chart details for a specific time period via a URL. At the bottom of the webpage, select Permalink, and then copy the URL or select the Clipboard icon. This is useful for sharing an interesting time window or troubleshooting problems that occurred at a specific time.
- Generate embed code for charts to share app performance visualizations with others.
- Add public or private notes to a chart. For example, if there is a spike in non-web transactions response time, add a note explaining what may have caused it.
- Use Kiosk mode to hide menu bars during demos, advertisements, or trade shows. At the bottom of the page, select arrows-alt Kiosk mode. To disable kiosk mode, select the arrow arrows-alt icon in the upper right corner.
Add charts to an Insights dashboard
Some charts added via the Add to Insights dashboard chart option may not support changing the value function. To change the value function for the metric, use the Metric Explorer to find and chart it.
To add any compatible chart to an Insights dashboard:
- Hover your cursor over the chart.
- Select Add to an Insights Dashboard.
- Select a recently viewed Dashboard (helpful when adding many charts to the same dashboard), search for an existing dashboard, or create a new dashboard.
- Enter a chart name (maximum length: 255 characters).
- Select the green check mark icon.
Once you have finished adding charts to a dashboard, you can jump directly to that dashboard by selecting the green Go There button.
Charts created with a custom timeframe, regardless of their method of creation, cannot have their timeframe edited at a later time.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: