The Custom Dashboards feature (V2) allows you to create dashboards containing charts and tables with data from New Relic agents, plugins, and the API. It also provides a way to view any custom metrics you are collecting.
The Custom Dashboards feature is available with any New Relic paid account type except Standard.
Custom dashboards are useful for creating unique overviews that present data differently than New Relic does out of the box. For example, you can:
- Show web and mobile application information, server information, custom metric data, and plugin metric data all on a single custom dashboard.
- Create dashboards that present charts and tables with a uniform size and arrangement on a grid.
- Select existing New Relic charts for your dashboard, or create your own charts and tables.
Legacy custom dashboards
As of February 2014, New Relic launched an improved Custom Dashboards feature (V2) that allows you to create custom dashboards that present charts from web and mobile applications, servers, custom metric data, and plugin metric data. Charts created with the original technology, called "legacy custom dashboards," show data only for the selected application.
You can still create, view, edit, and delete legacy custom dashboards. However, the available data is limited to the selected application.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Adding New Relic charts to custom dashboards (the easiest way to get started with creating custom dashboards)
- Creating custom dashboards (basic setup procedures)
- Custom metrics (examples, best practices, "how to" quick reference for APIs)
- Editing custom dashboards (quick reference for adding, changing, rearranging, or deleting your custom dashboard names, labels, charts, and tables)