New Relic APM UI functions include an embedded charts feature that lets you embed a chart in a web page.
Embedded chart rules
Embedded charts follow two rules:
Ending-now charts have dynamic time ranges, while custom date/time charts have static time ranges. For example:
Embedded charts will always show the specific metrics present when the embedded chart was created. For example:
Create an embedded chart
To create an embedded iframe chart:
- Plan how you want the data to be captured for the chart.
- Mouse over the chart in the New Relic user interface, and select More... > Embed.
- Copy the iframe HTML code, and paste it into a webpage.
Here is an example of the iframe code that New Relic creates with the Embed function. To adjust the size of the iframe on your webpage, edit the width and height (in pixels).
<iframe src="https://rpm.newrelic.com/public/charts/abcde12345" width="500" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no"></iframe>
Get chart link from New Relic One
- Go to one.newrelic.com.
- Use the entity explorer to select an entity to view.
- Find a chart that you want to embed.
- Click the ellipses icon and select get chart link.
Use existing embedded charts
To view, rename, or delete an existing embedded chart:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com > Tools > Embedded charts > (select a chart).
- To rename an embedded chart in the list: Select the chart's title.
- To delete an embedded chart from the list: Select the chart's Delete [trash can] icon.
Embed Insights charts
You can also embed widgets in New Relic Insights charts to share custom data.