On July 29, 2020, the enhanced chart rendering capabilities available in New Relic One will replace the embedded charts feature described in this document. New Relic One can render more chart visuals and behaviors than the one we are retiring. For more information, including what to do with your existing embedded charts, see New Relic's Explorers Hub post.
Get chart link from New Relic One
- Go to one.newrelic.com.
- Use the entity explorer to select an entity to view.
- Find a chart that you want to embed.
- Click the [ellipsis icon] ellipsis icon, and select get chart link.
You can also share existing chart links in New Relic One.
Embedded chart rules
Embedded charts follow two rules:
Ending-now charts have dynamic time ranges, while custom date/time charts have static time ranges. For example:
Embedded charts will always show the specific metrics present when the embedded chart was created. For example:
Create an embedded chart
To create an embedded iframe chart:
- Plan how you want the data to be captured for the chart.
- Mouse over the chart in the New Relic user interface, and select More... > Embed.
- Copy the iframe HTML code, and paste it into a webpage.
Here is an example of the iframe code that New Relic creates with the Embed function. To adjust the size of the iframe on your webpage, edit the width and height (in pixels).
<iframe src="https://rpm.newrelic.com/public/charts/abcde12345" width="500" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no"></iframe>
Use existing embedded charts
To view, rename, or delete an existing embedded chart:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com > Tools > Embedded charts > (select a chart).
- To rename an embedded chart in the list: Select the chart's title.
- To delete an embedded chart from the list: Select the chart's Delete [trash can] icon.
Embed Insights charts
You can also embed widgets in New Relic Insights charts to share custom data.