You must save a new notification channel or any changes to an existing notification channel before testing it. New Relic Alerts will send a test message to the destination you specify.
Notification channel tests depend on your New Relic role:
- Send test notifications: If you are the account's Admins or Owner, you can create, update, and test any saved notification channel.
- Receive test notifications: If you are a User or Restricted User for the account, you can receive a test notification (such as an email) initiated by the Owner or Admins, but you cannot use the New Relic Alerts user interface to test your notification channel. The Owner and Admins can also receive test notifications.
Request the test
Admins or Owner
To test a notification channel:
- Go to alerts.newrelic.com > Notification channels.
- Follow standard procedures to add a new notification channel or to update an existing notification channel, and save it.
- From the saved channel at alerts.newrelic.com > Notification channels > (select a channel) > Channel details, select Envelope Message Icon Send a test notification.
- Review the test confirmation message, and then select Got it.
Troubleshoot the test results
New Relic Alerts automatically shows a confirmation message in the user interface that indicates where the test was sent (for example, email) and whether it was successful. Also, the test notification message itself includes detailed information, including:
- Person who requested the test
- Links to alert policies for the channel
- Links to all notification channels and alert policies for the account
Admins or Owner: When troubleshooting problems, review the test notification message, and verify the setup requirements for the type of notification channel you selected. If necessary, make additional changes to your notification channel, and test it again as needed.