New Relic Alerts offers flexibility with the alert policy setup and maintenance process. For example:
- You can create notification channels first or create policies first.
- Then you can add channels to policies, or add policies to channels, as explained in this document.
- You can also remove channels from any policy, or remove policies from any channel.
Check assigned policies
To check whether a notification channel has any policies assigned to it: Go to alerts.newrelic.com > Notification channels. The Policy subscriptions column lists how many policies are assigned to the channel.
Associate channels with policies
Admins or Owner
To associate a notification channel with one or more policies:
Go to alerts.newrelic.com > Notification channels > (select a channel) > Alert policies, then select Add alert policies.
Go to alerts.newrelic.com > Alert policies > (select a policy) > Notification channel(s), then select Add channels to policy.
- To add channels to policies (or to add policies to channels), use the search or sort functions from the left pane if needed, then select one or more channels (or policies) as applicable.
- Review the list of selected channels (or policies) on the right pane, and remove (Remove X button or Clear all) any as needed.
- Select Update channel or Update policy as applicable.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- View or update user email channels (maintaining the selected account's user emails as notification channels)
- Update alert notification channels (quick reference for maintaining notification channel information, with links to more detailed procedures)
- Delete alert notification channels (completely removing the channel)
- REST API calls with New Relic Alerts (using our REST API (v2) and API Explorer to list or edit Alerts data for your account)