The Ruby agent allows customization both with configuration and programmatically through the API. API methods include method tracers and directives to block instrumentation for particular methods, and to instrument uninstrumented methods.
The main API documentation for the Ruby agent is hosted on rubydoc.info.
There are also several task-specific pages covering specific parts of the Ruby agent's API hosted on this site:
- Collecting custom attributes
- Ruby custom instrumentation
- Ruby custom metrics
- Ignoring specific actions or routes
- Configuring the Ruby agent
- Monitoring Ruby background processes and daemons (how to add instrumentation to code executing outside web transactions and monitor your custom background jobs)
- Sending handled errors to New Relic