This document contains instructions for installing New Relic's .NET agent to monitor an ASP.NET Core application. These are additional caveats and instructions that supplement the standard installation procedures for Windows and Linux.
New Relic automatically instruments ASP.NET Core apps targeting .NET Core that are hosted in IIS.
For applications not using IIS, follow the standard installation procedures for Windows or Linux as applicable. In addition, you must enable the agent for your application and, if monitoring doesn't happen automatically, set up custom instrumentation:
- Enabling your app: See instructions for Windows and for Linux.
- Custom instrumentation: If you're not using Kestral, or if instrumentation doesn't happen by default for some other reason, you must custom instrument your app.
For applications not hosted in IIS, or for ASP.NET Core apps targeting .NET Framework, follow the standard installation procedure for Windows. In addition, you must follow these procedures to explicitly enable the .NET agent.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.