Read on to learn how to enable and set up distributed tracing for the New Relic's Go agent.
To enable distributed tracing for a Go application:
- Use Go agent configuration settings for the type of distributed tracing you want:
- Standard distributed tracing
- Infinite Tracing
- Continue reading the transaction and request instrumentation guidelines below.
For help understanding the different types of agent distributed tracing, see How distributed tracing works.
In order for distributed tracing to work optimally, your Go application must adhere to guidelines for the following scenarios:
For more details on using these, see the Go agent GitHub repo.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.