Some New Relic organizations have the ability to add more accounts to their organization.
Requirements for the ability to add an account to an organization:
- Pro or Enterprise edition (Standard allows only one account per organization).
- User must be a core user or full platform user with Organization settings.
- Organizations with partnership accounts must use the Partnership API to add accounts.
Some account naming rules:
- Accounts are distinguished by their account ID. There are no rules on account name uniqueness within an organization.
- An account name can be a maximum of 255 characters.
Why add an account?
You should try to minimize the number of accounts you have in your New Relic organization, and not create an account without a good reason. For reasons to add accounts, see Organization and account structure.
How you add an account depends on which user model your users are on:
- Our newer user model:
- To add an account from the UI: from the Access management UI page, click Accounts, and then click Create account. Learn more about user management.
- To add an account via API: see Manage accounts with NerdGraph.
- To learn about organization and account structure, see Organization structure.
- Our original user model: see Add accounts.
- To cancel an account, please file a ticket to our global technical support team. For how to file a support ticket, refer to this [link] https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/new-relic-solutions/solve-common-issues/find-help-use-support-portal/#file-ticket