New Relic's Account usage page helps you understand your usage of New Relic products over time, including year-over-year and month-over month comparisons. This document explains how this page works for New Relic Browser and New Relic Mobile.
View and compare usage
To view usage metrics, and compare usage for various products across time:
- Go to account.newrelic.com > (account dropdown) > Account Settings > Usage.
- To view usage for a particular product, select the product name.
- Browser: To compare daily usage by month, select the target months from the Time window and Compare to dropdowns.
- All products: To compare monthly usage by year, select the target years from the Time window and Compare to dropdowns.
The UI is similar for both New Relic Mobile and New Relic Browser, but they measure different things:
- Browser: Daily usage equals the total number of page views that day across all end-user browsers. Monthly usage equals the total number of page views that month across all end-user browsers. AJAX traffic does not count against your daily usage.
- Mobile: Monthly usage equals the total number of active users in that month across all end-user devices. New Relic Mobile does not collect daily usage metrics.
You can also retrieve usage metrics by using the New Relic REST API.
View usage for master or sub-accounts
If you access the Account usage page from your master account, metrics include all sub-accounts in the total usage statistics.
- To view usage only for the master account: From the Account usage tool's Show usage for switch, select Master account.
- To view metrics only for a particular sub-account: Go to account.newrelic.com > (account dropdown) > Switch account > (select a sub-account).
Some known host-based account usage limitations:
- Heroku dynos are sometimes miscounted as hosts, which inflates your usage metrics. This does not affect your billing, and it is only a cosmetic issue.
- A partnership owner account cannot view usage metrics for the accounts created within their New Relic partnership.