A New Relic account can have one subscription level only. You cannot mix subscription levels (such as Pro, Startup, and Lite) within a single account. However, you can use the same email address to create multiple accounts with the same or different subscription levels.
Add New Relic accounts
Note: If you have not changed your existing New Relic account's password since October 2013, make sure that it follows New Relic's password requirements before creating additional new accounts with the same password.
- Use the same email address and password to sign up for one or more accounts.
- Create a separate account for each product you want to use.
- Configure your mission-critical hosts to use the premium account's license key.
- Use license keys from your inexpensive or free accounts for your remaining hosts.
Tip: Ruby users can configure the New Relic agent to apply different keys to different application environments. In newrelic.yml, edit the Application environment sections. For example, set the production
license_key property to use a Pro key, while the dev, test, or staging environments use a lesser key.
To monitor your hosts using a combination of New Relic accounts:
- Sign in to New Relic.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account) > Switch account > (selected account).
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: