A New Relic account can have one subscription level only. You cannot mix subscription levels (such as paid and free) within a single account. However, you can use the same email address to create multiple accounts with the same or different subscription levels.
Add New Relic accounts
To create additional accounts with the same email address:
- Use the same email address and password to sign up for one or more accounts.
- Create a separate account for each product you want to use.
- Configure your mission-critical hosts to use the master account's license key.
- Use license keys from your inexpensive or free accounts for your remaining hosts.
Ruby users can configure the New Relic agent to apply different keys to different application environments. In newrelic.yml, edit the Application environment sections. For example, set the production
license_key property to use the paid subscription key, and use a different key for any dev, test, or staging environments.
To monitor your hosts using a combination of New Relic accounts:
- Sign in to New Relic.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account dropdown) > Switch account > (selected account).
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: